All of us suffer from anxiety and depression at some point in our life. Some say it is the side effect of this fast paced world while others comment that it can be because of a number of responsibilities. Whatever is your reason, no one can deny that anxiety is real and can hit us hard.
If its a once in a blue moon then its considered to be normal. But if you are suffering from anxiety or panic attacks on a daily basis, then it is high time for you to consult your doctor or to search for the natural remedies fo tackle this issue.
Let us have a look at some of the remedies that actually work.
1. Physical Activity
One of the best things that one can do to tackle this issue of anxiety is to stay active, accorrding to the health experts at National Hospital in Lahore, exercise or physcial activity is not only good for your physical health but also have positive imapcts on your mental wellnes.
Given below are some tips to help tackle your anxiety disorders in a better manner:
- If you have a job that demands you to sit at your seat for longer hours then you should try to get up and stretch. This will help to tackle this issue of constant fear and nervousness to greater degree.
- Rather than driving a car every now and then you should take a walk.
- Try to enroll in a gym and pay attention to your strength training this will help you out in great length to overcome the feeling of nervousness.
2. Reduce Your Caffeine Intake
Caffeine is compound that is known to wake up a person when they are struggling with mornings. But too much coffee intake can lead to mimic out anxiety symptoms which can be really dangerous for the overall health and well-being of a person.
But if your dependency on caffeine is way over the limit then you can try the given below alternatives for this one:
- Try decaf instead of highly caffeinated coffee drinks
- You can also start drinking herbal teas, they are a good alternative as compared to coffee to beat stress and sleepy mornings
Another benefit of drinking less coffee is that you will start drinking more water which is good for health and wellness.
3. Indulge in Meditation
Another natural remedy to beat out anxiety is to start practicing meditation. Training your mind so that it stays in the moment, and become part of the present is one of the most important things to do. It will help you with anxiety control, sleep and also helps to improve immune system.
Meditation does not only allow you to improve your mind it also help you if you are suffering from a panic attack.
Given below are some of the most popular meditation types that you need to know about:
- Spiritual meditation
- Movement meditation
- Focused meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Progressive relaxation
If you are wondering about the different ways with which you can start meditation then we are here to help. Here is your step-by-step guide on how to meditate.
- Close your eyes and inhale deeply
- Gather your thoughts and pay attention to what actually crosses your mind
- Do not judge your thoughts and connect them in a better manner
4. Breathing Exercises
One of the easy and often recommended tools to beat anxiety is to learn about these breathing exercises. According to scientists deep breathing is really helpful in relaxing people from stress.
In case you are suffering from anxiety attacks the first thing in morning then you should try to indulge in deep breathing exercises. Learn to focus on lowering your diagphram so that you are able to inhale a lot more air inside the lungs. This way your brain is able to focus on breathing and all the sensations of fear are cut loose.
5. Do Not Smoke
Smoking is a waste of habit that can cost you your life, money and health. It does not only increases your risk of lung cancer but also raises your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Furthermore the carcinogens in smoking can also lead to have a negative impact on your mental health.
Nicotine is a chemical that is highlighted for all the wrong reasons. It is often linked with increased instances of panic or anxiety attacks. Therefore if you are suffering from worse episodes of anxiety then you should get rid of this habit.
6. Pay Attention to Sleep
Sleep is one of the most important reset mechanism that recharges your body at night so that you are able to perform well in the morning. If you are finding it difficult to sleep at night then you can try the given below tips:
- Sleep at night when you are the most tired
- Do not read or watch television when you are trying to sleep
- Do not use your phone or computer when you are in bed
- Try to keep the lighting in your room light