With the automation of a company’s (just like Shopify’s) critical operations, the NetSuite ERP system also helps with visibility in real-time of their finance-related performances. This way, a company’s manual processes are narrowed down for the speedy occurrence of these processes. Since it’s an integrated applications suite, a company can handle order processing, accounting, and inventory management more efficiently.
In this way, they can also have full operational control and data visibility. So when we talk of Shopify’s eCommerce back-end like accounting, purchasing, etc., NetSuite ERP allows it to run and/or operate its business with proficiency. Here’s how Shopify integration with NetSuite is helpful in this scenario:
5 Ways Shopify NetSuite integration helps Shopify’s back-end
Integrating business elements allows for a standardized customer experience, such as on-time delivery, live order tracking, shipping of suitable materials, and more. These strategies will enhance the brand’s image in customers’ minds, resulting in increased brand loyalty.
NetSuite Shopify integration allows you to transfer data between the two systems, keeping your eCommerce, supply chain, accounting teams, and many more. That’s why integrating Shopify with NetSuite plays a crucial role in pushing the growth of the eCommerce business.
A significant advantage of this technology is the elimination of errors during data entry. NetSuite Shopify integration enables automatic data synchronization between NetSuite accounts and Shopify. This reduces data variations, data duplication, and manual data entry. There are four major approaches that you can follow while integrating Shopify with NetSuite.
1. Custom-built integration of NetSuite and Shopify
- All businesses are different, and their approach varies from business to business. We should know that no two businesses prefer the same data for their marketing. Nowadays, they prefer to choose the application of programming interfaces (APIs) to make it more efficient.
- With the increasing technology, we should adapt to various online strategies as customization capabilities are growing fast. APIs are used to build customized NetSuite and Shopify integrations. It allows the customers to choose touchpoints between Shopify and NetSuite.
- It requires technical expertise to control and understand the whole integration process. For learning different scenarios that result in data exchange, it is also important to understand how data is transferred and exchanged among the systems.
2. Using marketplace connectors
- It is another best option to integrate NetSuite with Shopify eCommerce as both NetSuite and Shopify have their market platform; the integration vendors list the pre-built connectors. This pre-built integration is used for seamless integration by the companies to connect two systems.
- This approach is suitable for you if you do not have a multifaceted workflow between the systems. Also, it is suitable if you need a quick deployment to get your business up and running.
3. Integration from one point to another
- This is one of the most commonly used approaches during the integration process. Point-to-point refers to data points pointed at each other for instant data synchronization with no operational platform.
- As a result, you have control over the type of system in which you manage data. The inherent flexibility aids in tailoring both sides of the integration to your specific requirements.
- Data such as products, orders, inventory, and customers are synced using point-to-point integration. Synchronization can take place in batches or in real-time. This is the best approach for small businesses with a limited budget and a limited set of operations.
4. SaaS-Based Integration
- SaaS is getting more popular nowadays, and it has been considered one of the best approaches in the NetSuite-Shopify integration. SaaS is a software that is a cloud-based platform that performs as an operational hub between NetSuite and Shopify. The resulting solution is called hub-spoke models. Connectors can be added or removed without re-establishing your integration, making adding and removing systems easier.
- The SaaS-based integration model can be customized and coded to meet the needs of the business. These connectors are also extremely flexible to fulfill the criteria of any business. There is less maintenance burden, and the vendor is responsible for keeping the integration API.
- The platform is usually easier to use as you can create integrations without writing code. Rather than typing lines of code, you can use a graphical user interface to plot integrations visually.
5. Integration using Dell Boomi and Celigo:
- These companies have to establish platforms that allow NetSuite and Shopify integration using the hub-spoke model. Celigo has created NetSuite as its first “Smart Connector.” It explicitly supports NetSuite integration with other systems, with more than 20 “ready-to-go” smart connectors, more than 50 templates, and 70 app assistants.
- Dell Boomi, a cloud-based integration platform, connects on-premises and cloud apps and data. It enables businesses of all sizes and sectors to integrate data between key applications without purchasing or maintaining hardware or software.
Establishing visibility when it comes to the exporting or importing of data related to your business is the first goal of NetSuite integration partners. This is because it’s imperative to know where your business is going and what’s required to improve to scale it and do better in the market. Also, manually entering the whole data, for example, in the reports, invoices, or finance-related paperwork, becomes challenging for bigger organizations like Shopify.
So the only solution we got here is to automate these processes in one place. All the data is available to be accessed to preview or make changes in one place only, and you don’t have to move anywhere else for any file/report.