If you are wondering whether you need a visa from Australia to enter Sri Lanka then the answer is YES! You need to apply for a Sri Lankan visa if you want to visit the country without any restrictions. A very important thing that you need to know is that you cannot enter Sri Lanka until and unless you have a Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens. There are countries whose citizens can enter Sri Lanka without any visa requirement but sadly Australians are still not on that list. So the Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens is a basic requirement.
Now that you know that you need a visa to enter Sri Lanka it is important that you know about the different kinds of visa application methods that you can use to get a Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens. Here you should know that there are two main methods of getting a Sri Lanka visa. Here in this post, we have discussed both of them for your knowledge!
How can you get the stamped visa for the Sri Lanka Australian passport?
Here we have mentioned the two common ways using which Australian citizens can get their visa for Sri Lanka.
Get the Sri Lankan visa from an embassy
The most common and traditional method of getting a visa for Sri Lanka is from the Sri Lankan embassy in Australia. The process is quite easy if you have all your documents ready before you. If you don’t have the documents ready then the process can be very complicated for you. You need to check Sri Lanka visa requirements for Australian citizens before you contact the embassy. The steps to get the visa are mentioned here:
- You have to first get an appointment from the embassy from where you would get the visa application form. You have to get the application form for the specific type of visa that aligns with your purpose of visit.
- You need to fill out the application form with complete accuracy. No information should be missed in the form. Make sure all the details you add are authentic if you don’t want your Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens application to be rejected.
- Along with the visa application form you need to attach your valid passport, flight bookings, hotel reservations, proof of funds, banking statements, and other documents mentioned on the application.
- You need to submit the draft along with paying the fee for a visa for Sri Lanka for Australians.
Get the Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens online!
If you don’t want to get into the hassle of going to the embassy then you can get the visa online. Today Sri Lanka is offering an e-visa facility for Australian citizens. This means you can sit in your room and apply for the visa online. The process to get this type of visa for Sri Lanka for Australian citizens is quite simple.
- Get the online application from an online portal.
- Fill out the digital application form with accurate information.
- Attach digital copies of your passport, images, and other required documents.
- Pay the visa fee, visa debit or credit card.
- Get the Sri Lanka visa for Australian citizens in your email!