Your car can become a mess if you do not clean it properly. Makeup bags, empty containers, discarded containers and many other accessories tend to make your vehicle a bunch after a drive. This car seat cleaning checklist will provide tips to clean your vehicle so it looks brand new with minimal effort and time. In addition, the steps will help change the cleaning routine for you.
Your Car Seat Cleaning Checklist
Before you start cleaning your car seat, you need to get the best vacuum cleaner for car in India. It will help clear all the dirt from the door handles, start and stop buttons, steering wheel, touchscreen, sound systems switches, and climate control switches. You should also pay attention to the grab handles on the card doors, sleep belts, wipers, windows, shift levers, buttons, switches and locks. After doing that, you need to check the surface with which you get the most contact. Be careful of the dirt in the centre console, armrest, seat surfaces and door pads. Let us understand the better disinfecting tips for car seat cleaning.
Many accessories of car need to be cleaned, but the car seat is one of the essential parts of your vehicle because it gives you a smooth and comfortable ride. A general thumb rule is to come with a little bit of dish soap, a cup of vinegar and hot water in a bucket. Take a clean sponge, take a little mixture, and dab it into any stains to remove them. Make sure to follow the process by scrubbing the regions with the help of a brush for lifting them. After that, wash the area with fresh water.
Remember that every surface in your car is different, so cleaning the clothes seats would not be the same as cleaning the leather seats. You should use the products according to the labels for maximum safety and effectiveness.
How To Clean Car Seats Made Of Cloth?
As we have already mentioned, cleaning car seats made of cloth is not the same as cleaning car seats made of leather. In your car seat cleaning checklist, these are the steps that you need to follow for cleaning the car seats made of cloth.
- The first step would be cleaning with dish soap, water, vinegar, club soda, and baking powder solution. You can also use a soap and water combination, one of the best ways to clean cloth seats. Do not overdo the cleaning process because too much soap or water will make moisture get inside the car seats and the cushion padding below the cover. It can encourage moulds that are damaging to the car seat.
- The next step is disinfecting. You can purchase spray solutions containing 70% alcohol that is effective against any virus. Following the manufacturer’s guidance, you can safely use it in your car seat. You can also use it for any diseases and germs.
How To Clean Car Seats Made Of Leather?
Not every leather material is the same. Before you consider products like rubbing alcohol, you need to know that some vehicles containing actual leather are recommended to use gentle cleaning solutions. Simple water and soap with a microfiber cloth can be helpful. Here are some steps to clean your car seat made of leather.
- The first step is cleaning your car seat with rubbing alcohol or with the help of nail polish remover. Take a cotton ball and dab it in the solution to remove the stains in your leather car seat. Do not clean and scrub harshly; otherwise, the leather’s surface will fade. Take it gently, and your car seats will thank you later.
- The second step is disinfection. Maximum imitation and automotive leather seats are protected with leather coating. The best process would be using mild water and soap on leather seats to clean any stains. Do not use harsh chemicals that may eliminate the protective coating on the car seat.
- The third step is treatment. You can follow up the disinfection and cleaning routine with the manual recommended by the car brand and use a leather conditioner to keep the car seat lasting longer and looking good. You should use products according to the manufacturer’s label for maximum safety and effectiveness.
Cleaning and disinfection are some of the primary steps you need to follow when cleaning your car seat. Your car seat cleaning checklist will follow mild household solutions and particular cleaners for cleaning car seats. You can also use soap and water for maximum safety and effectiveness. But, following the manual that comes with your car is essential to keep in mind, and any solution of more than 70% of alcohol can be helpful for cleaning. Remember to read the label instructions and follow the instructions properly and clean with microfiber towels, not paper.