Vancouver’s Tacofino sells do-it-yourself margarita and taco kits that are delicious and include everything you need for a party. The kits are convenient whether you’re hosting a party for one or a group of roommates, and they include what are possibly the greatest tacos in town.
Tacofino is a Vancouver food place where you can satisfy your hunger for authentic Mexican food as well along with some delicious margarita and taco kits.
Named “Tacofino-To-Go Family Kits,” these taco sets are sure to be a hit. Let’s discover what these Tacofino Kits have in store for us.
Different Tacofino Kits & Their Prices
The Devoted Tacofino-To-Go Family Kit
The Devoted Tacofino-To-Go Family kits cost $36 and include ingredients to make tacos with carnitas, avocado, white onion, queso fresco, salsa habanero, roasted sweet potato, spicy grilled asparagus, pinto beans, vegan chipotle mayo, pinched onions, cilantro, and a side of chips and salsa for the kitchen table. $30.
Included in Tacofino’s new Cocktail Kit offerings are Margarita variations (which we’ll get to later) that are made with tequila, fresh-squeezed housemade juices, salt for the rim, and garnishes.
The Vegan Chipotle Mayonaise Asparagus & Sweet Potato Kit
The vegan chipotle mayonnaise, grilled asparagus, pinto beans, and sweet potato kit will set you back $30, while the carnitas tacos with grilled avocado, white onion, queso fresco, and salsa habanero will set you back $46.
You can relax and enjoy your Mexican food with the knowledge that a portion of your purchase is benefiting a worthy cause.
This colossal set comes with everything you need to throw a party, including chips, salsa, flour tortillas, and limes. You can choose between traditional carnitas and roasted sweet potato tacos.
There will be a variety of cocktail kits available, in addition to the taco kit.
Classic Lime Margarita Kit
The Classic Lime Margarita Kit is the most cost-effective option. You may get 16 servings for $95.
It’s a lot of money but just think of all the booze you can buy with it.
Tommy’s Margaritas serve eight for $48.
Verditarita Margaritas serve eight for $50.
Paloma kit serves eight for $50.
For the same price of $75, you may have 16 individual Paloma or Verditarita kits.
Tacofino Kits Vancouver Food Points
Tacofino’s first permanent site made perfect sense in the Hastings-Sunrise neighborhood. The Commissary’s long, shared tables and ornate lighting make it a friendly gathering place for the area’s many residents.
2327 E Hastings St
- CRISPY CHICKEN buttermilk chili crema, pickled vegetables, chimichurri7.5
- PACIFIC COD chipotle mayo, cabbage, salsa fresca7.5
- CAULIFLOWER achiote onion tempura, not-so-fish-sauce, vegan lime crema, salsa verde, cilantro (vegan)7
- SOFT & CRUNCHY CARNITAS white cheddar and Monterey jack, cabbage, salsa verde, pickled onion, cilantro7.5
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUT crispy sweet potato, cabbage, smoked mayo, jalapeno, feta (vegetarian)7
- ALBACORE TUNA sesame glaze, wasabi mayo, cabbage, pickled ginger, wakame, nori8.5
- PORK AL PASTOR pineapple, pickled onion, cilantro
Yaletown Burrito Bar
Tacofino is located on Mainland Street’s upper promenade in Yaletown, one of Vancouver’s most upscale downtown neighborhoods. The long, narrow room served as a blank canvas for us to express our appreciation for the Los Angeles punk rock, surf, and skate scene of the 1980s and 1990s with a massive mural incorporating plenty of neon pink.
It’s a laid-back, counter-service restaurant where we serve our unconventional take on burritos to lunchtime customers and late-night snackers.
1025 Mainland St
- LEMONGRASS CHICKEN cabbage, pickled carrot & daikon, jalapeños, cilantro, tamarind mayo, sriracha
sub tofu at no charge7.5
- PACIFIC COD cabbage, salsa Fresca, chipotle mayo7.5
- CAULIFLOWER Rachiote onion tempura, not-so-fish sauce, vegan mayo, salsa verde, cilantro (ve)7
- SOFT & CRUNCHY CARNITA Swhite cheddar and Monterey jack, cabbage, pickled onions, salsa verde, cilantro7.5
- CRISPY MUSHROOM TACO oyster mushroom, arugula, miso garlic mayo, pickled onions (v)
Gastown Burrito Bar
In Gastown, Vancouver’s oldest neighborhood, the Burrito Bar fits in perfectly. We hoped that the lunch crowd and late-night revelers of Gastown would enjoy experiencing the laid-back atmosphere of the original Tofino truck in an inside setting. Get burritos to go or grab a seat at the bar that’s built into the stone walls to enjoy a beverage.
1025 Mainland St
- FISH white beans, spiced rice, cabbage, chipotle mayo, salsa fresca15
- CRISPY CHICKEN spiced rice, cabbage, black chili mayo, black chili oil, guacamole, sriracha, cilantro15
- BEEF BARBACOA spiced rice, savory beans, jalapeno slaw, crispy shallots, salsa verde, cilantro16
- PORK BURRITO spiced rice, soft & crunchy slaw, salsa Negra, pickled jalapeno, pickled carrot, cilantro15
- VEGAN CHORIZO spiced tofu, hummus, crispy onions, charred green onion aioli, kale slaw, spiced rice13.5
- BEAN & CHEESE cabbage, salsa Fresca, lime crema, sriracha (v)13.5
- VEGAN black beans, spiced rice, cabbage, vegan sriracha mayo, salsa Fresca, guacamole (ve)13
Tacofino Oasis, located in the heart of the financial district, provides customers with a licensed 40-seat dining hall and patio, a wide selection of made-to-order eat-in, and to-go menu options and two grab-and-go ‘quick’ burritos.
With its ‘pool’ blue walls and ceiling, woven bar stools and red netting patio armchairs, pinkish concrete adaptable two-tops, repurposed marble terrazzo bar, and striped hotel upholstery, this lovely place creates a veritable oasis within the concrete skyscrapers of the neighboring Financial District.
There is a variety of char-grilled meat and vegetables available at Ocho. Pints of rotating beer selections on tap from local breweries, cans, and bottles of Mexican imports, and an assortment of house-made tequila-based cocktails are all available at the Ocho bar.
122-1050 W Pender
- SOFT AND CRUNCHY CARNITA Swhite cheddar and Monterey jack, cabbage, pickled onions, salsa verde, cilantro7.5
- CHICKEN buttermilk chili crema, pickled vegetables, chimichurri 7.5
- CRISPY YAM cabbage, vegan black chili mayo, salsa verde, pickled onions, cilantro (ve)7
- TUNA sesame glaze, wasabi mayo, cabbage, pickled ginger, wakame, nori8.5
Kits Burrito Bar
It’s a recently opened spot, and you will love this place as it is hidden away from the hustle and bustle of trendy 4th Avenue. You will love their Margaritas, and the heavenly taste of Tecate will leave you craving more and more.
1909 W 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, British Columbia
- CRISPY CHICKENpickled vegetables, chimichurri, buttermilk chili crema7.5
- ALBACORE TUNAsoy glaze, wasabi mayo, wakame, pickled ginger, nori8.5
- SOFT & CRUNCHY BEEF BARBACOApickled onions, cheese, chipotle mayo, cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño8.5
- PACIFIC CODchipotle mayo, salsa Fresca, cabbage7.5
- CRISPY TOFUeggplant, cauliflower, kale slaw, vegan lemongrass mayo, serrano, cilantro (ve)7
- MAUI PORK AL PASTORpineapple salsa, pickled onions, cilantro7.5
DoorDash and tacofino.com are available for takeout and delivery orders. Pull into the parking area behind Tacofino Kitsilano and give the staff a call at 604-620-8729 to have your order brought out to you or use the drive-through service.